This was posted on one of my professional groups last week. I'm in the middle of teaching a beginning quilting class. We talked about letting go and letting some of the imperfections stay in class. I thought this was a good piece to share based on our class conversations.
7 Quotes to Stop You from Worrying About Things You Can’t Control
[posted by Bob Giambelluca • 2/1/22]
Letting go of control… and being OK with it. That is one of the greatest struggles many of us deal with on a daily basis, myself included.
The Mind… The Battleground
The mind is our biggest battleground. It’s the place where the strongest conflict resides. It’s where half of the things we thought were going to happen, never did happen. It’s where our expectations always get the best of us. It’s where we fall victim to our cravings to control the uncontrollable.
I mean it’s truly OK to express that you have anxiety or you have fear of something, but after you express it let it go, understand that the more you talk about it it doesn’t get better.
Quotes to Stop Worrying About the Uncontrollable
1. You can’t control everything that happens to you, but you CAN control the way you respond. And in your response is your greatest power. Yes, most of your stress comes directly from the way you think and respond, not the way life is. Adjust your attitude, and all that extra stress is gone.
2. Don’t bother worrying about whether there will be problems. There will be plenty of them, and you’ll work your way through every one of them.
3. If you worry too much about what might be, and wonder too long about what might have been, you will ignore and completely miss what is. Realize that worrying is a misuse of your incredible creative energy. Instead of imagining the worst, imagine the best and how you can bring it about.
4. Today is a choice. Today, choose grace over impatience, beauty over negativity, and presence over panic.
5. There is absolutely nothing about your present situation – even the aspects you can’t control – that prevents you from making progress, step by step.
6. You are alive and breathing, so act like it. Let go of what’s wrong and grab a hold of what’s right. Make things happen, and then let things happen. Learn, accept, explore, create and experience, every single day, one tiny step at a time.
7. Keep being mindful. Keep breathing deeply. Things ultimately turn out best for people who make the best out of the way things turn out.
CHOOSE to live with a clear and open mind,
CHOOSE to live with an attitude of gratitude,
CHOOSE to have hope,
CHOOSE to live with faith and
CHOOSE to be in Peace,
CHOOSE to MAKE THIS A TRULY GREAT DAY filled with GRACE & BEAUTY … bg
To help you have grace and beauty in your life, we 1) have beautiful fabric arriving - blenders, solids, and more; 2) are posting new classes to take (learn something new); and 3) have beautiful smiles and faces under our masks. Hopefully the positivity rate will drop enough soon for us to remove masks, if you choose.
Super Bowl Sale (All Week)
20% off all week - Yellow, Bright Blue, Black, and Orange
Anything in the store that is those colors(majority of print colors)
Looking forward to seeing you this week!
Happy sewing everyone,
Phyllis and the QA staff